Monday 12 March 2012

Baby Boy Things

With all the pretty fabrics for girls that available at the moment it is sometimes easy to get lost in a world of dresses, skirts and pink girly girl things. It can be hard to find the inspiration for boys items. I have recently been working on quilts and bunting for boys and once I started searching for fabric with little boys in mind i found it hard to stop! I absolutely love all of Robert Kaufman's designs and have found an array of cars, trains, robots, owls, whales, boats and woodland creatures amongst some of his fabrics. A couple of my favourite fabric stores where you can find Robert Kaufman fabric and a whole lot more are fabric rehab and stitch stash diva the only problem being that once you start looking it is almost impossible not to buy something! I usually buy a few designer fat quarters in different designs for the quilts and then for the borders and backing I shop around for some cheaper material, ebay is always worth checking out as is fabricland. Anyway, I will stop boring you with all the details and show you some of my 'boy' creations!





No comments:

Post a Comment